Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

2332

My 1st virgin blogging attempt @ unkster. Decided to cut and paste over.
Credits to Muffadoodoo's editing skills. Hiak Hiak...

No, its not a 4D number, its how I call the Nissan Sunny. Try saying Nissan Sunny in hokkien, doesn't it sound like Li-Sah-Sah-Li? Ok so today, I made my way down to Ubi and met a good friend from the car forum I frequent. Lets call him 'teapot 24YOB'. While waiting for him, I ventured into the Tan Chong motors showroom. There I was, standing innocently staring (meanwhile lusting at the Murano test car parked outside) at the 2332, as well as the cute SF*... ahhh, day-dream mode on..ok ok, so a Tan Chong SF ( did I mention cute and very very adorable) approached me..

"Can I assist you?" she says.

"Eh, (while still checking out the car like how I'll usually do, probing every single nook and cranny ) is the free servicing package still available?" in a totally busines-likes and straight tone.

"Yes sir, it is." She replied. All sweet and cheery.

(I looked up. Awwww, what a beautiful pair of eyes....gosh..)

Is this supposed to be my review of my test drive experience? Oh dear, my bad...Ok the 2332. So I asked more about the car, price, package blah blah blah blah? There's the EX saloon, the Super saloon, the Super saloon luxury edition blah blah blah blah? So when the ultimate question came in, "Can I have your phone number??"

Ok Gotcha!, attempted dry humour @ 2am in the morning, forgive me yah? Its not easy to write a 'field report' at 2am in the morning when barely 3 hrs ago, you were still sitting at Marche with 2 friends, drowning yourself in 2 HUGE 1 litre mugs of erdinger dark. So allow me to day-dream a bit...

"Can I test drive it in auto??" I asked, sheepishly.

"Eh, okie but can I have your licence??" said the cute SF, still in a cheery tone.

"Ooooh kaaaaay!" I replied, in my bad bad bad attempt to look and act cute.

Just as she went out to get the test car ready, I glanced out of the showroom window and saw a dark blue Clio turning in. Teapot 24YOB!? I waved. It was my Teapot 24YOB with his LML**.
Anyway, my SYT*** of an SF pulled up in a greyish (uber-ly unker of a colour) Ex saloon auto 2332. I happily hopped in. (no suspension or car seats were harmed) She explained the functions of the car to me, what is for what. Boy I was really impressed. Impressed by her professionalism ok? Nothing else. And OFF we went.

(FINALLY some people might think, after reading so much crap about the SYT SF, my humour or whatever that's left of it blah blah blah blah blah)

Actual field report of my test drive. (With a 1.6 entry level car in mind please, no Merc e240s, Bimmer 520is or Audi A4s pls. Just a plain good old sunny.)
7/10. Smooth. Decent. No bad jerks, preeeeeetty much responsive lah, but I had a hard time trying to overtake a taxi that was trying to be funny with me. Of course I had to exercise some self control while testing due to a certain accident that happened recently which came out in the papers.
Few things I told the SF that I wanted to try out before we set off.
Acceration - I asked for a straight and hopefully clear road around Ubi with no side road so no jokers can jet out from the side roads and make me a star in tomorrow's papers.
Parking - So cute, she allowed me to drive into the basement of Tan Chong to park.
Turning radius - since I'm a paranoid fellow when it comes to u-turning. My dad's previous Renault Kangoo is not much of performer in this department. I'm always worried about hitting the curb.

I would seriously consider this car, reasons given.
- Tan Chong dangled a sweet carrot in front of me. FOC Servicing! 1k 5k 10k 20k 30k 40k 50k. So I was told that the 1st 3 services were pretty much the industrial standards here. But I still have to find out what's included. I was told briefly that wear and tear parts are not included.WHAT wear and tear? Alamak!, too brief, need to find out more.
- The SF's cute.
- It's decent looking enough for me to own for 10years. Yes you heard it right, 10years.
- I still think she's cute.
- I'm a sentimental fellow, I passed my license in a 01 sunny. Period. *lol
- Did I mention she's cute?

Ok so after 779 words, my conclusion. I wanna OPC SUNNY!

*SF - sales facilitator
**LML - love of my life
*** - SYT - sweet young thing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?