Saturday, November 26, 2005

 

the questions of 'what if...' Part 4

Part 4

Career.
Fast forward my life to the part where I'm starting my career. Fresh out of serving my National Service, armed with a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, I set about looking for a job. In a strange twist of fate, I was offered a job as a some kinda 'IT Engineer' doing a project in a local bank. With almost zitch IT knowledge I jumped in. Life was tough in the beginning because I'm totally out of touch with the computing world then. My own personal computer was still running Windows 98 Second Edition and all I was doing is surf net and chit chat niah... It was stressful but thanks to the good bunch of people I worked with, life was good to me.

Then, one fine day, a good poly mate called to chit chat. His company, offering aviation maintance services had some openings. He recommanded that I try for it, so I went. I 'charmed' my way through, got it. Tough choice. I was pretty much ok working at my current workplace. Am I willing to come out of my comfort zone and return back to the oil and grease world of engineering? I said no.

Question: What if I made the jump?




So far, these are the major 'What Ifs' question that has been lingering in my mind. 'History is only for reference and the future is what I make out of it" I'll always adviced. Yah right, I ain't no pastor, I can't practise everything that I preach. These are my regrets... and I'll have to live with it for the rest of my life. I need to close some chapters in my book of life. Someday maybe I'll be able to come to terms with that... Someday.

Comments:
I tink u can answer most of your own qns. U nid to snap out frm being a thinker to being a do-er.
 
dun think back too much....no point..water under the bridge....look forward and get moving...
 
yup, nothing u can do about your past anymore, so u have to look forward! the cup is only half filled, there's a whole life ahead of u!
 
its the time of the yr lah. *lol*
 
moving or rolling?
 
same same lah. as long not in the same spot...
 
keep on moving! ;)
 
NATO
 
rolling... rolling... *lol*
 
think like a man of action, but act like a man of thought.
 
ping, by now u have enough wat-ifs to last ur 24 years, learn it as a lesson and make sure u do not have
more regrets by this time next yr.

some of us place emphasis on the journey, some wud rather focus on the destination. we will only get somewhere if our feet r moving.

reflect with wisdom, or ur whole life will pass u by. here's to a happy and fulfilling 2006. cheers!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?